Gi Group are now recruiting for Mail Processors for Royal Mail in Normanton
Do you enjoy working in a team? Tight deadlines not a problem?
Gi Group/Royal Mail is now recruiting Christmas Casual Mail Processors. If you are 18 years of age or over, are punctual, reliable and have a flexible approach, you are the type of person we're looking for.
About the role
Processing of mail takes place in the Regional Distribution Centres (RDC). Within the RDC operations include cross docking - which can be road to rail as well as road to road, mail consolidation, parcel processing, bulk mail processing and the processing of mail order returns. RDCs are 24 hour-7 day a week operation. The role involves working as part of a team to achieve tight deadlines
* Cross docking involves the unloading of wheeled containers from incoming vehicles, moving them to the correct despatch lane and then loading them to outgoing transport.
* Mail consolidation is the moving of mail from one container to another more appropriate for the conveyance of the work.
* Parcel processing requires scanning and identification of parcel destination by either code number or postcode and placing mail into the correct wheeled container for despatch. This can be done manually or via an automated conveyor system with parcels picked from a moving belt. Once containers are full, they will be pushed to the correct despatch area and loaded onto vehicles.
* Bulk mail is received from customers in a variety of containers and can be in mail bags, trays or bundled and is sorted by code number to an appropriate container for despatch. These containers will then be moved to the despatch lanes and loaded onto trucks.
* Returns are posted by receiving customers for sorting back to the posting customer. These have to be sorted to the correct posting customer and scanned before being loaded onto vehicles for delivery.
* The operations take place in a loud, busy factory-style environment where you will be standing for long periods of time, lifting items up to 11KG in weight and pushing wheeled containers weighing up to 250kg.
Pay & Benefits
New Starter Pre Peak Pay Rates
Monday - Saturday
06:00 - 22:00 £9.22ph
22:00 - 06:00 £9.54ph
Saturday & Sunday
22:00 - 06:00 £11.25ph
06:00 - 22:00 £10.25ph
Monday - Sunday 06:00 - 14:00, 14:00-22:00, 22:00-06:00
Does this appeal to you? Do you have the drive and dedication we need, and do you want to work for a company that has stood the test of time? If so, this position may be for you. Royal Mail has been around for 350 years and delivers to every address in the UK.
|Teljes munkaidő||9.22-11.25 GBP Óránként (Bruttó)|
Készítette 3 hónappal ezelőtt
Gi Group is one of the world’s leading companies that provide the best services for the development of the labour market.
Thanks to our direct presence and strategic partnerships in the UK and in more than 40 countries across Europe, APAC, the Americas and Africa, we can guarantee efficiency and quick response.
Able to assist all clients and candidates, Gi Group has developed strong expertise in large and multinational organisations, for which it has implemented global solutions through specialist divisions and dedicated local and international teams.
Ranked globally as one of the largest staffing firms by Staffing Industry Analysts, the Group is also a global corporate member of the World Employment Confederation (formerly CIETT).
Állást keres United Kingdom ? Kattintson és tudjon meg többet 13615 + több állásajánlat